Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Graduation Day

Hopefully the first of many! Neko graduated from puppy kindergarden tonight!
The growing collection of Neko bragging rights on my office door!
I got my questions answered about the strategies for her sudden inability to sleep through the night (if you know she doesn't have to go to the bathroom, isn't sick, etc: ignore), "counter surfing" (clean off the counters, she will eventually stop the behavior when she doesn't find anything up there), drawing invisible "do not cross" lines in the house (be consistent, get up in their personal space without saying anything, they will back off and eventually realize you have claimed that space as yours)!  So much good information I wish this wasn't our last night of class!

There will be many more classes to come in Neko's training and we're about to have quite the experience to write about: she will be accompanying me to Sayulita this coming week to meet her Irish Setter "Aunt" Tav and be a beach bum!  I'm nervous because I have connections in the airline industry so we got approval for her to ride in cabin with me to practice her skills but there's a lot of pressure (I feel) for her to behave well because we certainly do not want to ruin airline travel for those who really need their dogs to be on the plane with them!  I am taking the advice of our wise trainer and have her travel kit ready (she would not be thrilled that we are doing this so early, I don't think), we're testing out some herbal "calm dog" supplements at work tomorrow, and we will definitely be writing about the experience.


Have a good weekend, everyone!

Wish Neko luck on her travels :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment