Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2012

The Puppy Diarrhea Cure

Please allow me to preface this with diarrhea in dogs can be dangerous and lead to dehydration and may also indicate serious illness.  If you have any doubt, please contact your veterinarian (as I am not a vet).

That said,  my friend (and domestic goddess), Robin recommended this cure and I am here to tell you - it works!  Puppies have delicate digestive systems and stress, getting into things they shouldn't, trying the wrong treats with them, really anything can cause mild, acute diarrhea.  When this happens, try 1/4c pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling! Just regular canned pumpkin) mixed with baby rice cereal and some warm water as a meal replacement.  The dog will LOVE it and they should be cured in time for their next meal.  I occasionally mix a little pumpkin with Neko's kibble when she's had a few loose stools in a row as a prophylactic measure because she thinks the pumpkin is a treat.  
See my post about meals: I also give her plain, lowfat yogurt a few times a week to keep her little digestive track working well. 


1 comment:

  1. I have had diarrhia for over a year,and have not really find cure, i have try all medication is not working out for me but it was the only the herbal of dr.abegbu i took that cure me totally i am free now from diarrhia if you need his help you can reach him through his email dr.abegbuhealer@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete