Search This Blog

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Biting & Barking

We've definitely entered the "Seniority Classification Period" and Neko has found her voice and is biting more than she did a few short weeks ago.  We've had a lot of success with teaching bite inhibition using a very overdramatic, "Ouch!" followed by "No bite!" and "good girl, kisses".  Barking has proven more difficult to break so far.  I initially ignore her when she barks and then follow with a loud "Quiet!", then "good girl, settle", but I will admit that it doesn't always work.  I'm trying to just remain consistent and I'm counting down the days until we go to puppy kindergarden and she starts formal training - I can only hope this will be a cure (and I'm very excited for her to socialize with more puppies!)!

I found this article helpful re: stages of dog development and what to do about it.

Also, I keep referencing the Monks.

No comments:

Post a Comment